Breaking News

LATEST FASHION

In my opinion, Mindy Kaling is one of the best celebrities to follow on Instagram. Not only does she show off her signature sense of humor, but she consistently posts outfit photos complete with all the brands tagged—now that's serviceable content. As I dedicated a whole story to earlier this year, Kaling has amazing taste, so when she recently did a super informative IGTV video on her favorite lipsticks for dark-skinned women, I simply had to watch the whole thing. 

"One of the things about having dark skin is that it's really hard to find really pretty lip colors that flatter your skin," Kaling says in the video. "Either they're too chalky or too light. Sometimes the models they use are too light-skinned, so you can't really gauge. So what I thought I'd do is show you all of my favorite lip colors for all of us dark-skinned girls out there . . . I think [they] will also look good on you if you have light-colored skin." In the video, Kaling wears her nine favorite lipsticks, so you can see how they all look compared to one another. She also explains exactly why each one of them is a winner. Scroll down to watch her video and shop every lipstick Kaling mentions. 

"You don't have to break the bank to have awesome red lips," Kaling says on her IGTV. "What's great about this is whenever I've worn this, it lasts for hours and hours and doesn't leave a ring around the outside when the inside is naked after eating. I love this stuff and it's really cheap."
"Kosas is an awesome, relatively new line," she says in the video. "I love this because it's red, but you can wear it to a meeting without looking too vampy, like you want to date the person you're meeting with. 
"My lips, like a lot of dark-skinned women's lips, have like 6 different colors in it," Kaling says in the video. "It starts very pink in the inside and gets darker as it goes to the outer edge of my lip. When I want to not look that makeup-y, I'll use this Kat Von D Lolita lipstick. It's good for that no-makeup look when you just want your lips to be all one color." 
"This is a real statement lip," Kaling says. "This is like, I'm a judge on Ru Paul's Drag Race, I want to make a statement." 
"Hey, I'm Barbie," Kaling says. "Look at how cute and pink this lipstick is. This is incredibly moisturizing. It's Supreme color from Bite Lip Lab. It has the word "lab" in it—it's basically medicine." 
"When you are going on a date and you want to project 'I like you, I'd like to kiss you,' the classic red for dark-skinned girls is Cruella [by Nars]. It's very red, it's very out-there, so for me I feel a little vulnerable wearing it. But for a photo shoot or something, I really like it." 
"If you want a classic '90s matte fuck me red lipstick, you must own Ruby Woo," Kaling says on IGTV. "This one I've had for so long. This is when I want to look like Cindy Crawford is one of those music videos from the '90s. This is a must-have."
"I was so excited about this YSL lipstick in this glittery packaging," Kaling told her Instagram followers. "This is actually Zoë Kravtiz's collaboration. This color is 126. What's cool about it is it's more of an orange-y red. I usually like blue-reds because my skintone is yellow-brone. But this is an orange-red I really like. It's very moist. Everything is so matte now, but I kind of like that this one is a little shinier." 
"Pat McGrath is an amazing makeup artist who also happens to have dark skin. She makes this insanely good line of lip colors. This one is called Flesh 3. It's kind of a terracotta color." 

Next, 11 universally flattering lipsticks to try this winter



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/2sn4CIB

No comments