Breaking News

LATEST FASHION

Whenever personal stylist and brand consultant Amanda Murray pops up on my Instagram feed, it's not merely an outfit photo, it's an event. As an editor, it's my job to keep tabs on what stylish people around the world are wearing, so it's safe to say that I see my fair share of daily outfit images. However, Murray stands out from the pack: whenever she posts a picture you can be sure it will be nothing short of a look.  The London-bred New Yorker spent years working as a stylist for legendary department store Barneys, and consequently, her closet is filled with top-notch pieces. The notion of treating designer fashion like precious artifacts on display is not a concept you'll find on the stylist's feed; for Murray, fashion is meant to be worn. Sometimes that means running errands in a Rick Owens coat or grabbing breakfast in head-to-toe Dries Van Noten. Personally, I never previously contemplated ready-to-wear Prada suitable for my midday trips to the bodega, but consider me influenced.  What I respect most about Murray's style is that she knows what she likes and doesn't stray from her own unique tastes–with Dries Van Noten (she likes to call the designer Papa Dries) and Prada among two of the brands you can spot her in most. To shed some light on which trends and items I should have my eyes peeled for this season, I asked Murray to run me through her spring shopping list. Just a fair warning, you'll want to bookmark these picks for later. Read ahead to see them all along with more outfit inspo as styled by Murray.
"I want all of the K.ngsley tanks. As most of my days are now spent on Zoom calls, I think these tops are great for a virtual moment–simple, chic, sexy and effortless. They're great on their own or also very cool paired with a textured cardigan." –Amanda
"I always have two hoop earrings in my left ear, a personal signature. I'm always on the lookout for cool gold mini hoops. I love these rose thorn inspired hoops and also the flora set." –Amanda
"I just bought a gigantic canvas tote from Jil Sander. I've had my eye on it for about two years and finally pulled the trigger because well, we're in a pandemic and I suddenly feel an urgency to acquire all the things that live in my mind. Besides it being almost the same length of my body, it will be great for picking up dry cleaning and my ridiculous shopping sprees at Target."–Amanda
"I'm at the point where I need to take a trip immediately. I'm thinking of going to Miami for a few days, mostly for the art galleries. I'm dreaming of wearing this Christopher John Rogers dress to The Rubell family museum–a statement dress if there ever was one."–Amanda
"These Miu Miu sneaker heels are on my must have list of things I need for spring. Many have tried to do their version of a sneaker with a heel and have failed but this is just right. I'm eager to wear this with a sweet summery dress."–Amanda

Coming up, 90% of the Items In My Closet are $250 or Less–Here's What I'm Adding to It RN



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/3dVFJJL

No comments